Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympics!

Today I did something very special. In my travels around Beijing, I've heard rumours - whispers, one might say - of some kind of event that's been going on in town recently. I finally decided, hell, I'd best go and check out what it is that everyone's getting so worked up about.

So I went to the Olympic Rowing finals!


I got a wee flag and everything, cause I'm hardcore like that. The rowing was a lot of fun to watch, and the crowds were fantastic:


The Chinese fans went nuts whenever a Chinese boat raced, and when they won a gold? I thought I'd go deaf! It was insane. Britain came away with a few golds, and so did the USA, so both sides of me were duly satisfied! All in all it was a great day.


As a side note, we saw this on the way to the event:


Yeah, man, I dunno. Military presence in cities... still doesn't sit right with me.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to collapse into bed. Desperately. Night all!

2 comments:

keke said...

hey..at least we've beat the british ladies and won the gold metal of the 4 people‘s rowing woman,k?umm..chinese people are kinda enthusiastic,they cheer even when there's no chinese team racing.i'm not feeling very comfortble seeing the word "insane"=(

Mary E. L. said...

We watched those finals while unpacking in my room! eee!