Friday, August 1, 2008

Arrivals!

The hostel I'm staying at has working internet, and I've already discovered one thing to tell you guys: the keyboards in China have half-inch-wide 'backspace' buttons. So, you know, be understanding of typos, is all I'm sayin'.

I'm here! Beijing is hot and muggy and full of the roars of traffic and cicadas. I haven't seen the city because I only just booked into my home for the next week: the Far East Youth Hostel. So far, so good! I'm honestly not sure whether I'm going to wander around the neighborhood or just collapse into bed and sleep. I'm hoping to hold out till at least 9pm.

The nice thing is that Beijing is exactly 12 hours ahead of DC, so there's no need for me to re-set my watch.

I'm so damn relieved I'm here, and I think that once I get a solid amount of sleep, I'll be ridiculously excited. But for now, I'm going to find out where the nearest subway station is. Catch you guys later!

1 comment:

Espérance said...

Glad you made it all right. Have a rad time exploring, mister!